Pods can be used to help promote important information and direct site visitors to additional information.
Completely open REST API for seamless integration and endless extensibility.
The Znode API is a completely open set of REST endpoints from which nearly anything can be built on top of the Multifront™ eCommerce platform. From the shopping cart checkout process to creating administrative reports, it includes rich querying and filtering capabilities that allow you to request as much or as little data as you need.
The API is the key piece in the Multifront eCommerce platform. From building user interfaces and applications to integrating with various back office systems, the API is the central figurehead that makes everything go within, and outside of, Multifront.
Why it's important
The Headless Engine
The Multifront eCommerce platform is in the form of a "headless" engine. The engine is made possible by the open REST API. The web API wraps around the main engine and core eCommerce libraries, giving you a robust and easy-to-consume layer to build and integrate nearly anything on top of the Multifront eCommerce platform. External websites, desktop apps, mobile apps, any "head" that you need.
Naturally, you can’t talk about an API without talking about integration, and our API is no different. The Znode API 2.0 allows for integration with any kind of system in your infrastructure.
The API serves as the outer boundary of Multifront, and can be used to extend our .NET eCommerce platform any way you see fit.
- Built Using ASP.NET Web API – This provided a lot of the heavy lifting for us, allowing us to focus on our endpoint design instead of lower-level concerns.
- 100% RESTful Endpoints – When we say 100% RESTful, we mean it. We spent more time going through the actual HTTP specification than we care to admit.
- Supports JSON Format Only – You won’t find any angle brackets in our API as XML is not supported. It’s all JSON all the time.
- Built-in Caching System – The API has its own caching layer that you can tune to meet your exact requirements.
- Built-in Help and Documentation – Part of the ASP.NET Web API, we customized and extended it to make it easy for developers to get up to speed quickly.